Thursday, April 21, 2011

Say 'NO' to being disillusioned in life

Things get tough and life seems unbearable as time goes on. We live by honouring the code of the society and try as much as we can to avoid discomfort. Like working a 9 to 5 job, sitting at the desk all day long and getting dissed by the boss and slaved away to build that dream house with a nice car one always want. It's not wrong to want to live comfortably. It's not wrong to want to have a lot of money. But is it worth it if it means being dissatisfied with your life forever and ever (well, at least until you retired)?

I am the typical-minded person who wants all the comforts that a good job may offer: a big house, an imported car and money to shop all I want. However, that doesn't mean that I am willing to sacrifice what I want to do.

Mom wants me to hold a position in the government service. She said you'll be comfortable set for life. House loan with low interest rate, less time of work hour (and tasks) plus, medical benefit. Yeah, mom. Those are all good. You don't get them if you work with private sector and you have to perform to your utmost limit. But being a government officer doesn't mean that I'll be happy even though I earn the dough.

I've always wanted to do something that will require my life and soul, and it'll be done willingly. The path might be rough, and I'd stumble but I'll still follow through because at the end of the day, I want to be proud of what I did. After all, I don't want to be an adult who at the end of the day regrets that she didn't do what she wants. It'll be difficult and I may give up hope at some point, but that is another chapter in my journey that needs to be tackled. So, why bother to overthink stuff. If I think how much this won't work I'll end up chickening out of my dream. So, I'll just take one step ahead and do it.

No comments: