Thursday, November 11, 2010

Ramblings after Exam

Yeah! Semantics the only paper left. (do frog dance)

oh ah eh!
Personally speaking, when I ranted on my blog about being clueless on many things, there are several terms that I found amusing and baffling.

1) MOFO - don't even know what it stand for but judging by how it's used in context, it refers to shitty people. (googles it) oh, la! it means motherfucker!
2)dipshit - everyone knows it's a curse word but how is it used specifically? (in context, it's used to refer to people with annoying, sassy attitude!?). Hmm, will find out later. (googles it)Means: a moron, a despised person, an ignorant asshole.

3)Why is it that "I wanna eat you" pops up instead of "I want to have sex with you" in stories? I don't dig. (google please!)...it has to do with fellatio. Gross!


...I don't know why but I I always vent out my frustration by being vulgar (and reading perverted stuff).

Alter ego: You're seriously fucked up.hehe...thanks to moi, your inner demon.
Me : ...someone, get me to a shrink. No, scrap that. Get me an exorcist.
Alter ego: You can try but you can't resist me, baby.

...This is the effect of studying too much moral subjects. Beware of moral education. It can get you severely deranged.

Speaking about life quote, Edward (FMA: Brotherhood) puts life's struggle in a nice quote:

A lesson without pain is meaningless. That's because no one can gain without sacrificing something. But by enduring that pain and overcoming it he shall obtain a powerful, unmatched heart. A fullmetal hear.

(Yay to me! I finally managed to watch all 64 episodes of FMA:B)


Recipe yum,yum,yum: How to make Miso Soup.


Serves 4

1/2 a packet of silken bean curd (tofu)
1 litre of dashi
10g wakame seaweed
60ml miso paste
2 spring onions, shredded, to garnish

1. Cut the bean curd into 1cm cubes. Bring dashi to the boil, lower the heat and add wakame seaweed (if not, use nori). Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
2. Pour a little of the soup into a bowl and add the miso paste, stir until it dissolves. Pour the mixture back into the pan.
3. Add the bean curd and heat through for 1 minute. Serve immediately and garnish with the spring onion.

Tip: Reduce heat when the stock boils to avoid loss of flavour.


Where oh where can I get instant dashi~~
Wakame, oh wakame, lalala~
Dashi, dashi, dashi equals to miso soup,
Yummy!


Reading of the week:

1) Cha! Chu! Cho! : a story about a cat's digestive problem. It's umm... very illuminating!?

2)Philosophy in the Classroom by Matthew Lipman, Ann Margaret Sharp & Frederick Oscanyan: philosophy in teaching children and guiding philosophy discussion in classroom. For my Method in Teaching Moral Education.

NEXT: Semantics. Need to cover on synonymy, antonymy and deixis

No comments: