Monday, December 14, 2009

Drabbles of this month

I still haven't achieved my GPA target, which sucks, but at least it's not going down either: I'm like the goat who's sitting on the gate, waiting to jump and kiss the flat surface of the earth with its fragrant grass. Ok, I'm crapping again -_-

UIA is not a dump, but its not a droll place either (i guess that's because we still have KLCC nearby, which is to say it's not that cool of a place but still, a monument of civilization nearby calms my heart).

Oh, ahah!
I'm taking up to 8 subjects this semester (didn't I do that every sem? Oh yeah, I did! How wonderful!)
Ehem, UIA is such a wonderful higher education institution. It defies the nature of normality whereby we, it's students are introduced to new subjects every semester, mentioned with effect at the moment it is announced. I still have 8 hours worth of my precious time to be spent for Arabic.

Moving on about book raves: I'm currently hooked on Mallorean saga by David Eddings. It is basically a continuation of the Belgariad series by the same mentioned author. The story is basically about a hero on a quest to save the world and oh, his son is kidnapped by the opposing faction of destiny. There is one part of the story which I like most: Belgarath the Sorcerer was having a conversation with the devious Silk a.k.a Prince Kheldar of Drasnia about good and evil. Belgarath simply said that the concept of good and bad is too complicated. To indirectly quote the sorcerer on his view about the struggle between two fates: It's more about 'them' and 'us'. Good and evil are too much simple too be defined. I kind of agree with him. Each and everyone of us has a fixed concept about good and bad (or evil), and we tend to look at our perspective only, rather than looking at other's. Call me agnostic or whatever, I still think that good and bad is not a fixed concept as truth can be subjective for individuals.

No comments: