Monday, October 11, 2010

Old School Blues

Some things invoke memories of past: old school blues bite. For me, the thing that jolts my memories during those ice age era is manga. Yep, it may make me sound like an otaku when I say this (laughs). I started reading manga since Primary One; my first manga was Doraemon. In the same year, I graduated from reading cat robot from the future to adventure-y stuff like Dragon Quest: Dai no Bouken, Dragon Ball.

(I had a crush on the villain in Da no Bouken, the Great King Vearn. Still does. Always will. Meh.)



Shoujou-ish stuff was the ick back then but after a while it caught like flu. During Standard 2 (or Standard 3, not really sure), I got hooked to Sailormoon and RG Veda and Slayers. Meh! Those old school stuff really rock. I miss reading them.

Currently, I get hooked to Minase Masara's stuff (Boy's Love genre) and The Breaker, a martial art manhwa (even though the characters are emo and the protagonist is undecided: Shioon or Goomoonryong? yeah, I'm a sucker for beautiful art even if the plot is retard).



I'm looking forward to read Vampire Hunter D (drawn by Hideyuki Kikuchi. His illustration is awesome). Mangafox hosted the manga but it has been removed T_T




I feel revitalized after reading manga. Who needs anti-depressant when you have manga? Mah.

No comments: